PDF – Energy Bus
- George was like a reluctant celebrity in his own home. They wanted a piece of him, but he just wanted to hide in silence. (How many times are we with family or friends and we choose not to be engaging?)
- As George Stepped on the bus, he made eye contact with the driver, who had the two brightest eyes and the biggest smile he had ever seen. (Greet everyone with a smile)
- That’s why she made it her mission to be an Energy Ambassador and try to energize everyone who came on her bus. (Energy Ambassador – Do you try to energize others?)
- Everything happens for a reason. Don’t forget that. Every person we meet. Every event in our life. Every flat tire happens for a reason. You can choose to ignore it or ask what that reason is and try to learn from it. Every problem has a gift for you in its hands as my man Richard Bach says. You can choose to see the curse or the gift. And this one choice will determine if your life is a success story or one big soap opera.
- You’re the one with the failing marriage. You’re the one who is about to get fired, who now doesn’t even have a care to drive to work and can’t even put on your own shoes. You’re the one living the soap opera. (Take ownership)
- It’s part of life. Every one of us got challenges. Everyone who comes on this bus has problems. Some got marriage problems, health problems, family problems, work problems, and some got all kinds of problems. It’s part of life and I’m just another person on the bus who’s got another problem. (Put things into perspective. Everyone has their own problems… Just like you)
- Never turn your back on something that will change your life forever.
- Rule #1 – You’re the driver of your bus.
- Always remember that you are the driver of your bus. It’s the most important of the rules because if you don’t take responsibility for your life and control of your bus then you can’t take it where you want to go. If you’re not the driver, then you’ll always be at the whim of everyone else’s travel plans. (Follow YOUR dreams. Find YOUR passion)
- The problem today is people feel like they have no say where their bus is going or how it’s going to get there.
- More people die Monday morning at 9am than any other time.
- People would rather die than go to work.
- You don’t have to sit passively by like so many other unhappy souls who let life create them. You can take the wheel and choose to create your life, one thought, one belief, one action, one choice at a time. It’s your bus and you’re the driver and you choose where you are going and the kind of ride it’s going to be.
- You may not have felt like you had a choice in the past, but starting now you will realize it’s your greatest gift. And once you reclaim your power, everything and I mean everything will begin to change. No one can choose your attitude but you, George. No one else can choose your energy George.
- A smile changes the way you feel, the way you think, and how you interact with others. The energy you fuel the ride of your life with is entirely up to you. And as the driver, you are the one who must also choose your vision of where you want to go. You have the best seat and the best view of your life so it’s up to you. You gotta have vision. (You decide your energy. It’s your fuel.)
- You see, life is simple. But in all our stuff we make it complicated and become blinded to the simple truths. But it’s the simplest lessons in life that are often the most profound and meaningful. (KISS – Keep it simple stupid)
- The closer you get to the truth, the simpler and more powerful the lessons become.
- First, decide what you want, George. Then you can start creating it. Don’t let the world create you. You create your world.
- Think about all the people who increase your energy and those who drain you.
- Watch profession football or basketball on television and you’ll always hear the announcers talk about the energy of the team, the energy of a player, or the energy of the fans. Walk into any arena or stadium and you can feel the energy of the crowd.
- “We’re playing with a lot of energy tonight.”
- Our thoughts are powerful because they are loaded with energy.
- There is an energy to through and when you identify what you desire and write down your vision, you begin the process of mobilizing the energy to create the life you want. After all you can’t go somewhere if you don’t have a vision of where you want to go.
- What turned it all around was your desire and vision to change and focus to make it happen. Unfortunately, it takes a crisis for so many of us to change.
- Sometimes we have to see what we don’t want, to know what we do want.
- This is your crisis but it’s also your opportunity. Every crisis offers an opportunity to grow stronger and wiser; to reach deep within and discover a better you that will create a better outcome.
- Rule #2 – Desire, Vision, and Focus move your bus in the right direction.
- It’s all about focus. Without focus buildings don’t get built, paintings don’t get painted, and energy gets scattered.
- Each day I want you to focus on your vision for 10 minutes and see yourself creating everything you wrote down on that paper.
- The law of attraction. The more we focus on something, the more we think about something, the more it shows up in our lives.
- Because our thoughts are magnetic. What we think about, we attract. What we think about expands and grows. What we put our energy and attention on starts to show up more in our life. And the energy we project through our thoughts is the energy we receive.
- I don’t allow complaining on my bus because if you are complaining you can’t be thinking about or creating what you do want.
- We’re winners. Not whiners.
- If you build it in your mind, focus on seeing it, and take action, the success will come.
- I don’t know all you are facing. But I do know that if you want to change your situation you must first change your thoughts. Because if you keep on thinking what you have been thinking you’ll keep getting what you have been getting. (Must change perception of the situation)
- We can’t control the events in our life but we can control how we perceive them and our perception and response to the events determine our success.
- We’re talking about real positive energy that helps you overcome obstacles and challenges to create success. We’re talking about trust, faith, enthusiasm, purpose, joy, and happiness. We’re talking about the positive energy that makes you feel great instead of the negative energy that drains you.
- Rule #3 – Fuel your ride with positive energy.
- Desire, vision, focus help you turn the bus in the right direction but positive energy is necessary to take you where you want to go.
- It’s physically impossible to be stressed and thankful at the same moment.
- Rule #4 – Invite people on your bus and share your vision for the road ahead.
- You must share your vision with them. You must make it clear what you expect the launch to be like and how you expect the team to work together with no infighting and no egos getting in the way. And tell them how you expect everyone to come together for the collective good of delivering a stellar performance. If you don’t clearly communicate your vision of the road ahead no one will want to travel with you.
- George was fascinated with the life and presidency of Abraham Lincoln. He marveled that this man who was said to suffer from depression was able to overcome several election defeats, two bankruptcies, a nervous breakdown, and the death of his fiancée before becoming President of the United States. A seeming failure at the age of 51, he had summoned the courage and strength that unified our country and changed the course of history. (What would have happened if Abraham Lincoln gave up?)
- Every person and every team will be tested on their journey. It was part of the curriculum of life.
- You haven’t failed until you stop trying.
- Rule #5 – Don’t waste your energy on those who don’t get on your bus.
- You can’t drive anyone else’s bus. You can only drive your bus. (Don’t worry about people who don’t support you. Just focus on the people that do.)
- Your success and life are so important that you must surround yourself with a positive support team. No one creates success in a vacuum and the people ewe surround ourselves with have a big influence on the life and success we create. If you want to be successful you have to be very careful about who is on your bus. After all there are people who increase your energy and there are people who drain your energy.
- Rule #6 – No energy vampires allowed.
- Your positive energy and vision must be greater than anyone’s and everyone’s negativity. Your certainty must be greater than everyone’s doubt.
- Repetition is the key and the more you focus on positive energy the more it becomes your natural state.
- It is a critical time that one improves if they are willing to learn, grow from mistakes, and build upon their success.
- The goal is not to be better than anyone else but rather be better than you were yesterday.
- Remember, George, the gifts you bring to the world are not found in your resume, accomplishments, or presents to others. The gift is your presence of feeling good and being happy and bringing this to others. Being around happy and positive people makes people feel happy and positive.
- Every struggle, every challenge, every adversity brings you closer to your heart, to your true self, to who you really are. Sometimes you got to be broken down to the point where you feel powerless to discover your ultimate and true power.
- Energy is the currency of personal and professional success today. If you don’t have it you can’t lead, inspire, or make a difference.
- Rule #7 – Enthusiasm attracts more passengers and energizes them during the ride.
- Enthusiasm comes from the Greek word entheos, which means ‘inspired’ or ‘filled with the divine’.
- People are always buying you and your energy.
- You let your presence do the convincing. So just focus on getting excited and enthusiastic about yourself and let your energy do the talking. Focus today on becoming the heart of your team. Realize that just as every cell in the body beats to the frequency of the heart, everyone around you will beat to your frequency and your energy. Just as the heart radiates energy to every cell you must radiate positive energy and enthusiasm to every member of you team.
- The energy of a company or team is cultivated by the energy and enthusiasm of the leaders and each person in the organization who contributes to the collective energy and culture of it.
- Rule #8 – Love your passengers.
- When you love someone, you want the best for them. You want them to shine. And the best way to do this is to help them discover the value inside them.
- Five Ways To Love Your Passengers
- Make time for them.
- Listen to them.
- Recognize them.
- Serve them.
- Bring out the best in them.
- Rule #9 – Drive with purpose.
- Purpose is the ultimate fuel for our journey through life.
- All of us focus so much on what stresses us that we forget all the things we got to be thankful for. (Attitude of gratitude)
- When you feel blessed you don’t have time to be stressed.
- Rule #10 – Have fun and enjoy the ride.
- Too many people think they are going to live forever. They spend their life accumulating wealth, possessions, and power only to leave it all when their bus ride is over. It’s not like you can take it with you. So what’s all the fuss about? Too many people stress over too many meaningless things. People get all protective over their turf. Just watch the news. Even countries argue over borders. If people only woke up they’d realize the whole universe is their home. Why fight over small pieces of territory when you can claim the universe as yours? Any moment they can have it all simply by enjoying the ride, but instead people focus on the small instead of living large. They worry about promotions, deadlines, e-mails, and argue with co-workers and family members about the minutest things forgetting that they will never see today again.
- They asked a bunch of ninety-five-year-olds, if they could do it all over again and live their life again what would they do differently. The three things that almost all of them said were: 1. They would reflect more. Enjoy more moments. More sunrises and sunsets. More moments of joy. 2. They would take more risks and chances. Life is too short not to go for it. 3. They would have left a legacy. Something that would live on after they die.
- Live and work like you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
- They best legacy you could leave is not some building that is named after you or a piece of jewelry but rather a world that has been impacted and touched by your presences, your oy, and your positive actions.
- Do not focus on the future because the future brings only what the present gives it. Rather, focus on the path.